What is Strengthening Families?
Strengthening Families is a national model to promote child development and build strong families. It includes the following five protective factors:
- Parental Resilience means...being strong and flexible
- Social Connections means...parents and caregivers need friends
- Knowledge of Parenting and Child Development means...being a great parent is part natural and part learned
- Concrete Support in Times of Need means...we all need help sometimes
- Children’s Social and Emotional Development means...giving your children the love and respect they need.
Parent Voices for Our Children
Parent Cafes are encouraging these five factors to promote child development and build strong families
- Parent Cafes are conversations led by parents and community partners
- Our space is welcoming to everyone
- We explore questions that matter in parenting young children
- We respect everyone’s ideas
- We gather parent voices to create action to improve lives for children
To schedule a Parent Cafe in your community contact Donna Lackie at 248.209.2229 or Donna.Lackie@Oakland.k12.mi.us.